Co-Chair: Chris Laib.
Co-Chair: Barbara Ferris
The goal of the committee is to preserve and protect Griffith Park, America’s largest urban park.
– Cooperate with the diverse park venues (Observatory, Greek Theatre, Zoo, Autry, etc.) to minimize their impact on the Los Feliz community.
– Supply park related news and important information to the LFIA media outlets.
– Advocate for the community’s interests at park related public hearings.
– Negotiate with the city on park ranger reductions, on Greek Theatre scheduling, traffic, on noise concerns, on the Los Angeles River revitalization project, and advocate against off-road bicycling
– Advocates for the adoption of a Griffith Park Master Plan.
– Spearheaded the successful drive to make Griffith Park a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument.
– Successfully lead the move to upgrade the watering system in the park.
– Protected the urban wilderness areas of the park from commercialization.
If you would like to join in our parks projects and are a member of the LFIA, or if you would like to add your project or concern to our agenda, e-mail email@example.com