Co-Chairs: Lynne T. Jewell, Marian Dodge.
The goal of the committee is to preserve and document the history of Los Feliz, advocate for historic preservation, and assist other Los Angeles organizations and city agencies to preserve and document the history of Los Angeles.
– Market the LFIA History books and note cards.
– Videotape oral history interviews of long-time residents.
– Add to the historic photograph archive.
– Add more streets to the historic property survey.
– Cooperate with other local historic associations to preserve and protect Los Feliz history.
– Publication of two Los Feliz history books.
– Publication of our new color note card sets featuring Los Feliz landmarks.
– Expansion of our historic photo archives, now numbering over 1,400 images.
– Collected dozens of oral history interviews (videotaped).
– Supplied historic material for our newsletters and website.
– Continued to amend and expand our historic property survey.
– Cooperated with the Los Angeles history project, SurveyLA.
– Researcged the history of more than 5,000 homes in Los Feliz for the Historic Resources Survey now available in the Los Feliz Library.
– Research from LFIA’s Historic Resources Survey was used to establish the new Hollywood Grove HPOZ.
– Donated our Historic Resources data to SurveyLA, a joint project of the City Office of Historic Resources and the Getty.
If you would like to join in our history projects and are a member of the LFIA, or if you would like to add your project or concern to our agenda, e-mail email@example.com