LFIA is an all-volunteer organization that advocates for and takes action to improve the quality of life for all residents of Los Feliz. Our work is made possible by donations from supporters like you. Here are just some of the great things we accomplished together in 2021:
- Advocated for street safety throughout the area, including at key intersections such as Los Feliz Blvd & Rowena and Franklin Avenue & Harvard, and through support of the Sunset4All proposal.
- Rallied the community to get involved in the redistricting process at all levels (city, county, state), and kept everyone up to date on progress as it happened.
- Created the Tom LaBonge scholarship in memory of the long-serving councilmember and community activist who we lost in 2021.
- Awarded three college scholarships to John Marshall High School seniors and supported all of our local public schools with grants.
- Hosted events, including LFIA Reads, our virtual book club, and an in-person outdoor art and tree tour at Barnsdall.
- Worked with the Council District 4 office and community members to ensure that Los Feliz is properly represented in the Hollywood Community Plan Update.
- Celebrated the long-fought-for closing of the dangerous pedestrian tunnel at Hollywood/New Hampshire.
- Teamed-up with other neighborhood organizations to understand and track the impacts of state legislation and speak with our elected leaders.
- Fundraised for and sponsored the planting of 16 new trees on the Vermont Ave median.
- Maintained and planted Deodar Cedar trees on Los Feliz Boulevard.
- Joined with the Los Feliz Neighborhood Council to donate table tennis tables to Griffith Park.
- Remained vigilant for adherence to Vision for Griffith Park, the park’s governing conservation document, and City codes, including no camping in the park.
- Wrote official letters in response to environmental impact reports (EIR), including the LA Zoo Vision Plan.
- Honored Tom LaBonge on the Tom LaBonge Day of service by helping clean up the Fern Dell area of Griffith Park.
- Supported multiple Historic-Cultural Monument (HCM) applications within Los Feliz.
- Celebrated the 125th birthday of Griffith Park as a sponsor of the park-wide event.
- Collected photos from the past two years of the pandemic for the LFIA Photo Archives (send yours to email@example.com).
- Researched extensively post-war historic residences and buildings for LFIA’s Property Survey.
- Kept you plugged into Los Feliz on Instagram (@the_LFIA) with time-sensitive posts and vintage photos, and on LFIA.org with key eblast notifications and featured articles.
Your donations directly impact the community. Please donate online at here.
LFIA is a public charity recognized as tax-exempt by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3). All contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.